From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2013 18:57:27 -0600
10 has been bonkers.  I worked a JA on 29.6 FM yesterday around 4PM local.
My boss just finished putting up a 4 element KLM tri-bander on a 48 foot
tower...height to the beam is about 50 feet.  So I was around yesterday to
play radio.
I was working JA, south america, and australia on 10 meters all at the same
time of the day lol with 100W.  Signals were typically between s9 and 30
over s9.
On 20, we had short path, and long path as well as regional skip wide
open...to the west, I was hearing and talking to BC, about 1000 miles away
40 over s9, along with short path, and long path signals from brazil and
most of south america.
I was also hearing stations 40 over s9 within 1000KM to the east, all the
way out to Russia and northern europe.
Western and southern europe were pounding in on 40 last night on the windom
as well.
So yes, conditions are as good as I have ever heard them...we are at the
peak time of this cycle as well which helps.
I made two or three qrp contacts on 15 this afternoon on the windom as well.

73
Colin, V A6BKX