From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2010 01:08:22 -0600
well, with mine, the 220MHZ tx is more or less non-existent.
If i hold the t90's antenna a few inches away from the antenna on my th F6A,
then I get a carier signal, but anymore than about 8 inches and the signal
disappears on the kenwood.
I'm not sure the power output can even be measured it's that low.
It will key up, and the PLL doesn't lock up, but it's not putting very much
out by the time it gets that far out of the regular ham band.
It'll put out a full five watts up to about 180MHZ, then starts to fall off
pretty fast...it'll come back around 390 or something I think, then peter
out again up around 470/475.  It'll key up all the way into the 600's, but
again, rf power output is more or less non-existent by that point.
there are some specs guys have written up regarding that online somewhere.
I think one article said something about 0.003MW of output on 220band...so
minimal at best, less than your typical chordless phone, probably far far
less.
I think they put out like 30MW.
It's really too bad, because that would make it into a great quad band
rig...something like the yaesu VX7, which only puts out 300MW on the
220band.
I thought I also read somewhere that a guy had modified the t90 further so
it would put out allot more on 220, but it severely compremise the other
bands by doing that or something.
73
Colin, V A6BKX