From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2009 21:54:26 -0700
Doesn't the 75 meter phone band now start at 3700?  A couple of nights ago,
maybe it was Friday night, 75 meter phone sounded like old times with tons
of activity.  I even heard a station playing music on side band trying to
jam a couple of guys who switched to upper side band to get away from him.
Remind me of the side band wars back in the sixties.  For those of you who
don't know, 75 meters had guys who literally ran 10 and 20 thousand watts
back in those days.  Talk about big signals.  Remember NASAC on 3815?  Those
guys ran low power compared to the 3830 bunch.  I hung out with the guys on
3803 such as WA9SXJ and WA0PXQ and a few other's.  One night, SXJ was so
loud, he sounded like a mobile parked out in front of my house.  I heard mom
washing clothes downstairs and called her in to read my S meter on my Drake
TR4 and Ray was running a solid 60 over nine.  My meter had never gone that
high except when a friend did in fact drive by my house mobile on 15 meters
and said hello to me.

Phil.
K0NX