From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 2010 21:00:55 -0400
    Eric:

The cable you need is the PG5G, and it cost $32 when I bought mine.

One end is for a serial computer port, and the other end plugs into the
TMV71A.

As for the programming software, I don't recall the specific name of it, but
I got it from the Kenwood web site under the TMV71A listings.

As for HF propagation woes, I know what you mean.

I really got spoiled out in Colorado, since I was 5 thousand feet up, and
since I also was in a good part of the country to receive signals from just
about anywhere.

Now that I'm back in Michigan, I remember the limitations I had here
earlier, but guess that's the way things go.

Anyway, once I get things tested more thoroughly here, I'd love to set up a
sked and see if we could work each other.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ