From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 10:55:22 -0600
yeh the filter, pump etcetra.
I suspect the noise is probably an AC noise if it is getting worse on the
lower bands.
likely the culprit is a leaky power service, or perhaps a leaky cable
line...any idea if BPL is in your area?
A good earth ground won't necesarily get rid of much AC noise though...it'll
help with atmospheric noise but not noise that may be getting in to the
radio either through the ac line or antenna line.
In your area of the world, I would strongly recommend grounding everything
though.  Lightening and high static in the air can cause some unpleasant
things to happen.
73
Colin, V A6BKX