From:
Gale Conard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:05:38 -0700
Kevin,

I've only used two outboard dsp units.  The first was the W9GR, which was a
kit.  I bought it from a station on the 40-meter swap-net, about 10 years
ago.  It works very well, both for ssb and cw.  However it has severall
controls and is tricky to run.  A little practice aleviates most of that
problem, though.

The second dsp I have used, and still use, is the Clear-Speech, now sold by
Hile, (if they still do).  I have the little box without the speaker,
because the original one without speaker didn't have a headphone jack.  I
think the Hile units have the jack.

The Clear speech does a great job for both ssb and cw and is fully
automatic.  I have heard almost nothing about the Hile units.  I suspect,
because most transceivers have built in dsp, now.

I have only used one built-in dsp--the one in the IC-718.  You might
remember that one.  I have never been impressed with the performance of that
one, so I use the Clear-Speech, instead.

Sorry, I can't help more.  Good luck.

73,
Gale