From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:23:25 -0500
    Chris:

I could be wrong, but I think the difference is with receive filtering.  For
the plain 746, you have to purchase and install any CW or SSB filters
separately, whereas the 746 pro already has them installed, and I think the
746 pro provides more filtering options than the two filter slots that exist
in the normal 746.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ