From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2014 23:55:44 -0500
I don't have the TS-590 and by the time I afford another radio there won't
be any of them left alive. If you screw the cord from the radio in to the
mic, bypassing the base, than there is no amplification no matter what you
do since the amplification is in the base. The RJ-45 jacks also have the
voltage right there though, if using the base or without, you really don't
need the batteries with any radio other than maybe real early ones and I'm
not even sure about that. With some HF radios there is RF feedback, I've had
it before with some radios and some setups, other setups I don't. I've had a
few MC-60a's as well and I find the last one I bought which I use daily has
never had any feedback. I have used the amplification but generally don't
because I find it's not needed and I don't need it to pick up my neighbor's
sneeze or the kids playing or anything. I also never run processing though
there are several reasons for that.