From:
Richard Tomaszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 16:57:25 -0400
Hello, Richard.

The only speech which I am familiar with for that series of Kenwood
transceiver is the VS-1 and the VS-2 speech modules.  I have a TS-850 and I
installed the VS-2 speech module in it.  The only thing that the module
reads is the frequency.  You should check the owner's manual to see if one
of the speech modules was available for the TS-430.  If it was, then you can
look for one on the various ham swap shops on the internet.  They usually
sell for about $70, but you'll have to have a bit of patience since they've
been out of production for some time.  Unfortunately, the new VS-3 module
will not work with that radio.

Richard Tomaszewski
VE2 BRT