From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2015 12:15:30 -0500
Is replacing the wall wart an option? I don't see why not, that's how I'd
handle that. ON the hum with the speakers, I've found some do that, and some
don't and don't know how to fix that. If you have a station ground on the HF
radio, try removing it and see if the problem goes away on 10 meters, if you
don't have one and can add one, try that. You can move the wires around on
the PC speakers. I know with the ones I use now if the wires for the
speakers run right along side the coax I can get that same thing but I move
the cables apart and it goes completely away. You could try chokes or
boiling the extra speaker wire. You may end up with new computer speakers,
those are suggestions I can think of right now. I'm also in a very limited
space and managed to fix that problem pretty easy and on 2 meters, I have
100 watts available with no hum anymore just by separating the wiring. I
pretty much have it set up so my coaxes are all together on one side of
everything and everything else is on the other side with minimal over lap.
It works out very well that way. It's a mess, but works.