From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2013 01:32:03 -0600
and these guys accomplished exactly what they set out to.  That is, they got
someone riled up by what they were saying.
The whole point of doing that ont he air is to get people riled and upset
and pissed off.  It's partially to get attention and partially just for
their own sense of entertainment.
It's like this, they feel empowered by pretending to think and believe what
they are saying, and when they piss someone off, because that person really
thinks they believe this stuff, they can sit back and laugh and say, oh,
what an idiot for thinking we think that for real. It's a form of power over
others, manipulation and causing them to think a certain way which is false.
It makes them feel smarter and better than others.
It's stupid and petty and anoying, but that's all it is lol.
They probably got off the repeater and went back to channel 19 to harass
people down there.
Just goes to show, anyone can get a ham license right.
Speaking of that, when you do hear suspicious stuff on the air like that,
get call signs and check them out.  if they don't check out you can assume
they are pirate stations and can alert others to simply ignore anything they
might say.
But, they were probably legitimate licensed hams who just had nothing better
to do than make inflamitory statements.
And before some old fart responds on here and says something to effect of
what has ham radio come to and it was never like that back when I was first
licensed, crap like this, and far worse, has been going on for many decades
on the amateur radio bands.
Let's not forget, it is amateur radio and not professional radio, so one
cannot expect everyone to follow some gentlemans agreement about on air
conduct.
Take a listen to 14.313 some time, or some groups on 75 meters.  they're
worse, and go on every single day.

73
Colin, V A6BKX