From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:34:29 -0400
Hi Bret,

I own the HD Boston Acoustics receptor radio.  It is a stereo radio with a
satellite speaker and is built as a home unit with a built in clock radio
function.  The human interface is bad at best, but the radio does receive
Digital AM and FM.  The bass can be adjusted, but only by six DB and that is
not enough adjustment.  One thing that really bothers me is that when you
access memories, you can't tune from the memory frequency that your
listening to.  No direct freq or memory number entry, just two knobs on the
front of the radio and up and down buttons on the remote.  There is also
some circuit gain pumping that seems to take place for no reason.

After reading the above, you might ask why I bought one?  I wanted to
experience the new Ibiquity digital AM and FM multicasts.  The digital AM
and FM definitely sounds much better than the older analog multiplexed
technologies, but there is one problem.  Digital signals are delayed about
five seconds which makes live broadcast very unlive.
What fixes are Boston Acoustics making to the Receptor radio?  Maybe I
should contact them to see if there is an update, but the system does work,
even though the interface is poorly designed.
73
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
LIFE IS WONDERFUL!