From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2011 22:54:14 -0500
Hi, all.

As many of you know, I have been having fun trying to get the CW interface
working between my laptop and my TS480, using the N3FJP NAQP logging
sofftware.

I have actually gotten things working fairly well, but do have one small
issue.

Every so often, when sending one of the CW strings, the N3FJP software kind
of stutters.  In other words, the CW will either become irregular, or will
slow down for a couple seconds, before resuming normal sending.

I asked Scott (N3FJP) about this, and he said that this is rather common.

He wants me to disable any PC intensive programs that might be out there
taking memory away that the software and CW interface needs.

He suggests disabling my Semantik anti-virus software while doing the
contest.

I checked with a knowledgeable computer ham friend, and he says you disable
the anti-virus software by going to the system tray, finding Semantik, and
then right clicking on that, which will then lead to a set of options.   One
of the options is  "disable".

I am having trouble finding the Semantik item in the system tray list, and
wonder if anyone has a hot key or something else to get to this?

I realize that this question is probably a good one for the Jaws users list,
but I'd like to start with you guys, rather than getting bombarded with more
e-mail from that list.  Hopefully, there's a quick and easy way to do this.

Thanks as always, and 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ