From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:16:10 -0600
I got a little box from my regional library last Friday
containing one of the NLS digital players. One of the librarians
there in Oklahoma City emailed me what I needed to sign up for
the NLS bard site and I got the authorization to download on
Monday.

	The February "QST" is apparently not ready for
distribution yet, but I did download "QST" for January which I
already had on tape to see what it is like and also to
demonstrate the new technology for my local  radio club. It all
worked beautifully. The audio is perfect for voice. This is the
cat's miaow, isn't it.

	I discovered that the NLS players remember your place in
more than one book. I had downloaded a different Talking Book
from bard and had read up to Chapter 4 in that book. I expected
to loose my place there when I not only removed the thumb drive
but removed the book that I had put on it and put in the "QST"
on the same drive.

	Last night, I removed the "QST" from the thumb drive and
replaced it with the other Talking Book again and discovered
that the player still rememberred it was at the beginning of
Chapter 4. Pretty neat!

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer