From:
Dave Marthouse <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2013 18:31:36 -0400
The Wouxun will speak the frequency as you enter it.  Most of the menus
speak.  All the menus are numeric in that you enter it's number and you can
turn a function on and off.  The radios can be programmed by a totally blind
person with no problem from the key pad.

As far as software and cables I recommend the RT Systems software and
cables.  http://www.rtsystemsinc.com
  Keep in mind the only screenreader that works with the RT Systems software
is NVDA.  This free screenreader renders the RT software completely
accessible.

A friend and I produced a video demonstrating the RT software using NVDA.
You can find it on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj4ch8ApVts

I have the Wouxun as well as the TH-F6A.  The wouxun in my opinion makes a
great backup and you can't beat the price.

Dave Marthouse N2AAM