From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2016 12:11:31 -0500
Richard,

Good deal.  Good luck with it all.

On an unrelated note, I saw your post on the TS-2000 list about speech
processor settings.  I saw you got a few not too helpful replies.

There is no one size fits all answer for the processor.  Variables
include:  what microphone you use and how you use it (close talk, or off
it a bit), any TX EQ settings in the radio menu, and  your particular
voice.  What  works for you won't work for me,even with the same mic.

Sighted help is better to set up the processor.  The proc in should
never exceed 10 db and should only hit the 10 db mark on strongest voice
peaks.  The proc out  should stay within the ALC range.   The 2000
doesn't  speak these values as you transmit.

Setting these levels too high will  cause splatter and  a wide signal.
  Can also give you RFI problems, or cause the amp to trip into
protection  mode.

Anyway just my dos pesos.

73, Steve KW3A