From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2011 00:09:10 -0700
either with the built in auto-tuners in the radios, external automatic
antenna tuner, or with one of the several talking or audible swr meters.
Unfortunately there aren't any talking meters on the market right now...the
most recent being a talking SWR/watt meter from LDG electronics.
This meter gives an audio tone for tuning SWR where you tune for the lowest
pitch...same for tuning an amplifier, you tune for the highest pitch...it
also anounces swr, reflected power and forward power in a spoken voice.
There are a couple other ones out there on the used market, but difficult to
find.
The LDG models can still be had on ebay, QTH.com or occasionally from a ham
radio equipment retailer as part of left over stock.
LDG made two models, the LDG TW1 and TW2...tw1 was designed for 1.8 to
54MHZ, and the TW2 designed for 144, 220 and 440MHZ.
there are a couple more meters that were made that others on the list  can
comment on...one with voice output, and one with CW output.
73
Colin, V A6BKX