From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2014 10:00:30 -0800
If those of us on the list who are interested in accessible
scanners can assist, let us know who to call or email.  I was on
a kick with Whistler, the company that bought GRE America, to
make their new handheld scanners accessible but so far haven't
gotten anywhere which is frustrating since the time to talk about
accessibility is when new products are under development, much
better than trying to build in accessibility after the fact.
That's like trying to put an elevator into a multi-story building
after the building is designed, built, and inhabited.  I
sincerely hope you can get someone to listen to your thoughts
about accessible scanners.  Jim WA6EKS