From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2012 22:56:12 -0700
are you sure it's hooked up correctly?
with the meter buttons towards you, the radio should be hooked up to the
left hand jack, and the antenna to the right.
Also, do you have a tuner other than the internal tuner inline?
If you are getting wild readings like this, then perhaps something is very
wrong with your feedline or antenna.
That's what these meters are for after all lol.
Do a check on the ts2000:
press and hold for a short moment the antenna tuner button, the bottom
button on the right in the six pack located below the power and function
buttons.
It should either begin tuning, or give you an A, dit dah in cw...if the
tuner begins to click, let it tune...if it won't tune, or if you get the
letters SWR in CW then your antenna has a greater than 3 to 1 match...this
means it's not tuned properly, there is some other problem, or you have
issues with the feedline.
Also check the patch cable from the radio to the meter...often times this
can be an issue.

73
Colin, V A6BS