From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2013 12:17:46 -0800
Happy new year Eric, I have never owned a rechargable pack for
the VR500, have only used either alkaline or rechargable double a
batteries.  One flaw with the radio is that if you leave
batteries in it, the case will develop a stress fracture in it
over time near the battery compartment and the batteries will not
make contact with the springs.  I have had to order two new case
backs for the radio over the past few years.  My solution such as
it is is just not leave the batteries in the radio when you
aren't using it.  Of course, if you use it all the time, then
that won't be good unless you can use it on the AC supply.  I do
have a file I wrote up about the VR500 to help me remember how to
do searches and store memories and such.  If that would help, I
can send it along.  Best 73, Jim WA6EKS