Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 2015 14:09:35 -0500
I concur with Russ's points.

I don't know what Jordan's experiences were, but I'd hazard to guess it was with
the original Vr Steam.  The original version of the Stream had notably weak
audio, part of that was resolved with a firmware upgrade.  And, for certain, the
newer VR Stream version 2 -- the one with built-in internet -- is quite
outstanding in my opinion.  It is really quite nice to be able to seamlessly
download content from NLS, Bookshare, Newsline right to the unit wirelessly.

I have not personally played with the Blaze ET.  I have seen it, but not enough
to do a hands-on evaluation.  From what I've heard and read in various tech
casts, I'm not sure I'd buy it for its OCR capabilities.  If you have an Android
or an IPhone, you'd be much better served by the KNFB Reader for your OCR.  It
appears to recognize more accurately and is certainly much faster--at least with
my iPhone 6S-Plus.

Critical to note here that excellent spatial orientation and steady hands is a
big plus, almost a must, for good recognition.  With the iPhones, iPad and
Android phones, there are some scanning stands that will work, they will allow
you to consistently align your documents up and some have augmentative lighting.

Steve, K8SP