From:
howard kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 2015 22:18:12 -0500
I agree on the ts-480.
The quirks that drive me nuts are as follows:
1. Mike plugs in to the radio, rather than the control head.
2.  The key or paddle do the same.
3. The best for last, the RF gain is adjustable on a button, rather than
being adjustable on a knob.
Don't you think the rf gain is used more often than the squelch?
What were they thinking!!!
Other than that, it's a perfect radio.
You can live with those annoyences.  It is very easy to get comfortable with
the ability to set the control head in your lap in your recliner, listening
and tuning around and maybe taking a nap.