From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 19:35:52 -0600
Check the adapter plug you are using with your paddles.

It sounds like one side of your paddle isn't connecting to the plug on
the end of its wire, or that the plug is not mating solidly with the
adapter.

As for the straight key, that plug is obviously a single circuit
monaural plug. Thus, when you plug the key into the keyer, the dot and
dash contacts are both shorting to ground, resulting in a perfect
illustration of iambic pentameter.