From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 2016 01:47:05 -0700
that's a bit of a tall order if you are looking for something that gives
some kind of textual representation of the lines and colors on the map the
way most calculators do.
What kind of info would you want from this kind of calculator?  Where you
would enter coordinants of each station and then ask the calculator to spit
back a yes or no answer to weather this is a practical communications path?
The way all the calculators that I know of are set up is to show a foot
print map, and different color representations of fixed station, mobile and
handheld coverage out from a specific point.
I'm not sure anything exists that will give you some kind of text feedback
if you plug in a fixed point or something and tell you what the max range
is...there are allot of variables involved in that such as turraine, height
of the transmitting antenna and height of the receiving antenna, power
output, antenna gain and of course frequency.
Altitude, weather and humidity also play factors in VHF and UHF line of
sight communications.  In perfect conditions, line of sight is nearly
unlimited on both frequency bands.
IE satellite communications is essentially line of sight without any RF
sucking obstructions and those are up to 13000KM away.

73
Colin, V A6BKX