From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2013 11:35:23 -0500
No you won't.  It is plug and play.
a USB headset would create the same test.
I wonder if the sound settings need to have the box unchecked to allow for
the use of other audio devices?  It sounds like a very old card, that
doesn't allow for multiple sounds.  I haven't seen one like that in maybe 6
years.
I doubt if the screen reader is the problem.  Multiple sound sources is the
problem.
The other thing you could do, is to turn off the system sounds and
notifications.  I don't like doing that, but if the card can't handle
multiple sounds, naturally the screen reader is the most important.
The other thing I like about using multiple cards, is it is much easier to
understand your screen reader if its voice isn't coming out of the same
speakers that play multi-media.
You will have a bit of tweeking to do to tell the screen readers to use the
secondary sound card.  If you can type, one of us can walk you through that
over the phone, or with remote access through window-eyes or jaws tandum, or
system access's remote assistence feature.
John will have good ideas here to.  Multiple heads come up with better
answers.

---