From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2016 21:36:03 -0500
Hi, this is W3IUU. I am not a user of the various remote ham programs yet,
so can't really answer your question. So far, the only person who has
checked into the Sunday net several times via remote is Dave Allen, WD8LDY,
who is in New Zealand. I think he was using that station during the first
part of the net (I don't suppose you can connect to a station while someone
else is already using it). In times past, N0HOQ, Scott, has also remoted
into the net from New Zealand. If you have General-Class privileges and can
get remote software working satisfactorily, and prove that you are licensed,
you should be able to use a variety of stations to check into the net.
Understand that, due to skip on 20 meters, and the fact that these stations
are mostly using non-rotatable antennas, you will only hear and be heard by
some of the stations who check in. The W6 you heard was my brother Paul,
W6PR, in San Diego.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com