From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2009 22:18:17 -0400
So the landlord doesn't want you to dig?  Is he afraid you will strike that
silver vein in the back yard?

Looks like you got a lot of responses and as you can see, opinions vary
greatly on the subject.   I guess the bottom line is that what works  for
one guy doesn't work for another.

If you really think it's RF getting into the unit, you can try grounding the
TW-1 to the ground lug on your rig or tuner.   While this could give you a
ground loop and make things worse, it just might  tame it. just back out one
of the case screws on the TW-1 and  wrap a piece of wire around and
retighten, then  ground the other end to the rig.    If it solves the
problem, great, if not, it just took 30 seconds and 2 feet of wire.

I was just going through something similar tonight, where I was getting some
junk in the headphones that I traced to the  old Rigblaster pc/rig interface
at power levels over 700 watts.    Grounding the unit seems to have solved
the problem.

73, Steve KW3A