From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 2016 20:04:43 -0500
Ron:

I can relate well to your inaugural experience on 160 meters.  I had been a
ham for almost 20 years, and then, in 2010, upon moving back to Michigan,
decided to try the band.  I had a few rough starts, including a Windom
antenna that many on the list will remember gave me real fits, but
eventually, I got up and running on the band at least in a rudimentary
manner.

The band is great during the winter-time, when the thunderstorm QRN is at a
mimimum in the northern hemosphere, and is sure a blast on contests like the
one this past week-end.

I'm glad you are getting that loop working.  ... The weather in Michigan is
not conducive to antenna work at this time, so it will be a few months until
I can get some maintenance done  on the wire antennas I have up here at the
home QTH.

I hope the covenants police continue to be nice to you. ... This is why the
Parity act and other similar legislation is so very important to us all!

Regarding the week-end nets, I really hope to get back into them at some
point. ...  It just still seems that my week-ends are full of other stuff I
need to do, with much less time than I'd like for ham radio fun. ... But,
hopefully, that will change when I retire from full-time teaching this
coming May.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ