Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:22:54 -0700
You will probably need someone to look at their site as it isn't the most
speech software friendly if I remember right.

I have 40ft of 25g with a house bracket at about 8ft.  I have a high gain
explorer 14 beam which is 4 elements on a 14ft boom.  Stayed pretty steady
and I live on a hill just above Puget Sound north of Seattle.  Lots of wind
in the winter off of the water.  My soil is part of the deal.  Hard pan from
20 inches down.  A rock bar, sweat and more sweat to break it up to be
scooped out.  Very very hard stuff.  Anyway, 26 inches in diameter and 4ft
down with a half section of 25g buried along with the rebar and concrete.
Check the web site and ask around your area as the soil conditions and ease
of digging will be your best clue.  soft soil = bigger, deeper and more
concrete plus you could pound rebar into the side of the hole sticking into
the middle.  Over kill will never hurt!.

Brian, k5in