From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2015 10:29:23 -0700
Hello Mike, I have had my DB36 up since April of 2011 without problems.  I
did have a problem about 2 years ago, but it only had to do with the way the
control cable had been run.  The fellow that installed the antenna on my
tower did a piss-poor job of running the control cable and it ended up
failing and had to be replaced.  Before putting up this DB36, I had the
original 4 element SteppIr up for about 7 years, and again with no problems.
I can't quote the gain figures off of the top of my head, but they are all
available on the SteppIr site.  I can say that this antenna is without
question the best antenna I have ever had in the 53 years of being a ham.
It is a terrific yagi, and the front to back and forward gain are superior.

I hope this helps you, but if you have further questions don't hesitate to
write.  My friend Stan who is building the huge station I have referenced
from time to time, has bought 13 of them so far,and they will be
professionally assembled and installed.  He wouldn't have invested many tens
of thousands of dollars in buying all of these antennas if he thought that
they didn't perform so well.

Best 73

Alan - N7MIT

Alan R. Downing