From:
"Nathan, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:09:53 -0800
I would concur with Steve's comments.  When buying I would consider what you
want from the rig.  If casual rag chewing is all you want to do then
probably the 570 would do it with its audio dsp.  If you are into serious
dxing, contesting or need a low noise receiver and want IF dsp, then the
2000 would be the way to go.  If I remember rightly, you need to buy extra
filters for the 570 while no such extra cost is associated with the 2000.

One fun thing I like about the 2000 is that I can set up a vhf or uhf
simplex frequency on the sub receiver, tune to a net such as our local swap
net on 80 meters, put the rig into cross band repeat mode and sit upstairs
with my xyl on Sunday morning and enjoy her reading things out of the paper
to me while I monitor the swap net for things I might be interested in
buying or trading.

Take care and good luck with your choice.

Kevin Nathan, Independent Living Coordinator
Dept. of Services for the Blind
3411 S. Alaska
Seattle, Wa 98118
Voice:  (206) 721-6450