From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2010 13:37:41 -0400
Exactly, I pretty much have in my scanner, fire and police for the town I
live in, the one I grew up in, another one or 2 neighboring towns which are
interesting to listen to, Massachusetts emergency management stuff since I
volunteer with them, and that's about it. I have 1000 channels in my current
scanner and might use 30, 35 if I have the ham radio bank on for the local
repeater and RACES ones and what not, much more than that it gets very
confusing, you can't even follow a conversation because there's too much
going on. The only thing all those channels is good for in my mind is
trunked systems but since my scanner wont' do trunked for state polite and
conventional for the local police at the same time, it's only on
conventional and any more than what I use not gets confusing and sometimes
it's confusing now since the town I grew up in the cops are nonstop because
that place is so crime infested which is 1 of the main reasons why I left
and will never move back. Lack of software has never bothered me.