From:
eric oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:44:08 -0700
understandable. right now, I have a sick Yeasu that needs work. it may cost more than the radio is worth, so I am looking at alternatives. that ten-tec is ham hands only, right? Thats the problem I see with other radios from the 1980's to present. you either have only the major bands (10,15,20,40,80, and 160) or you have to unlock them (at which point, you can transmit literally anywhere in that range. Now, I can get around that by simply using the computer as a direct input device. still, I would rather be able to press a button and know where I was.

-eric