From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2012 18:23:43 -0500
Steve,

Yes I'm aware of this, however, it seems that daily Microsoft is patching
the latest and greatest, so when are we really safe or for how long before
the next patch?

On a similar topic, do you or anyone else reading this ever have concerns
about websites such as Google keeping track and storing all of your web
searches and then the sites you eventually visit as a result of your search?
If so, keep reading.

For the past year or so I have been using a totally secure search site
called "startpage.com".  This site uses Google for your searches, however
"startpage" does not keep track of your IP address nor the searches you do.
Startpage also has a proxy feature that you can use to visit websites that
appear in the search to shield your identity from the third party sites.
Briefly this works like this: startpage goes to the site instead of you and
they display the results thus the third party can't place cookies on your
computer, it looks like startpage did the visit to the site, not you.  There
are a couple of disadvantages to this though, 1. the sites load more slowly
since startpage goes to the site for you and than displays the page for you.
2. You can't fill out any edit fields or forms through the proxy.

If the site you want to visit is one you know to be trusted, you can go
directly to the third party site and avoided these issues

Go to "startpage.com" and check out the details and FAQ's.

"startpage" doesn't seem to have as much advertising garb that you find on
other search sites.

Sorry that this is so long, however, I think many of you may find this of
some use.

73

Howard #3