From:
Kevin Minor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2013 12:40:05 -0400
Hi.

There's a caution that I'd like to mention here, and I learned the hard way
with my TS-2000.  Make sure one of the bands is on a simplex frequency.
Don't link two repeaters together.  If you do, the radio will cross band one
repeater to the other, receive the transmission of the repeater, then cross
band the other repeater back, and the cycle goes on forever, until you stop
it.  It's kind of like repeater ping pong.  When I did this I had several
counties looking for me.  It lasted for a couple of hours until I got home
and turned it off.  This says some good things about the TS-2000, which was
quite warm, but still worked fine.

Just a heads up.

Kevin Minor, Lexington, KY