From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2013 19:39:19 -0600
Maybe some people are asking that much, but what they are actually going for
is about 400 for just the radio.
The accessories, while pricy to buy new, are not new, and so for the extra
DTMF mike an extra 25 bucks and for the power supply an extra 25 bucks.
I can get a 20 amp power supply at any flee market for $25.
Perhaps the mobile mounting brackets and cable is another 25 though.
The extra filters are nice as is the speech chip.
SO, lets round it all up and say 575 bucks is what everything is actually
worth.  You'll take a hit on that price to actually sell it, and so your
probably closer to 550 or 525.
Now if you can get 850 for it all, go for it.  That said, I've been keeping
tabs, and ebay, qth, eham and several other classified ham listing places
have the IC7000 going for 850 with accessories, not the 706.  if you don't
believe me, check out qth.com and ebay to see what people are asking for the
ic7000.
The range is 800 to 1100
1100 for something a year or two old and with accessories.
800 for something say 5 years old and usually with some extras.
The 706 mark II G was selling used 4 years ago for 450 to 500...
It's only gone down in price since then not up.

Anyway, I'm not just busting your chopps, I was sincere in my offer.

73
Colin, V A6BKX