From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 2015 21:43:06 -0500
Matt,

In all honesty, I don't remember, and I don't have my 480 connected
right now.  However, if you press the 5 key and it says "mic gain", then
the processor is off.  If it says  "processor out" (or something like
that) then the processor is on.

If you want to use the processor, it is nice to have sighted help, since
the 480 doesn't speak the values when you transmit, like the 590.    You
would want to set proc in to a max of 10 db on the meter scale, and proc
out to stay within the alc range  on the meter.

And you thought the head scratching ended when you passed your test.

73, Steve KW3A