From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:49:17 -0500
Hi everyone, I am currently using public transportation to get around, and I
am having a tough time trying to figure out how I can go about monitoring
them to keep tabs on where they are in terms of when they pick me up and if
anything is said since I make the reservations for the rides a few days in
advance.  What I am using is the ADA curb to curb service and I will be
using it for a few months to get to a class that is easier to use the ADA
system.  A few of the drivers were using Nextel phones, and I have found
some things on UHF that sound like connector services, but haven't heard any
regular old radio on the bus, and as for monitoring the bus company's
trunking system that hasn't done much good be it the large regular city
buses or the curb to curb service.  I'm just wondering what other people on
these lists have found helpful in other parts of the country, and are a lot
of your services going to Nextel or MDC computers?