From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 12:51:33 -0400
Hi Rich.

The tuning range of the built in tuner is much more restricted than the MFJ
tuner.  The problem that I am trying to get around is that there isn't
enough range in the built in tuner to tune my G5RV across the entire 80
meter band.  It works great on 75 meter phone, but if I want to go down
into the CW part of the band, the G5RV is outside the range of the built in
tuner, and ironically, the first CW I copy is the TS2000S sending the
letters "SWR."

The amusing thing is that the built in tuner in my old Kenwood TS690S tunes
the G5RV right up on 80 meter CW!

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 10:29 AM 7/23/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Lou and group;
>I am curious as to the advantage of the mfj tuner versus the built in tuner?
>I haven't looked into either unit but unless you are using an amplifier I'm
>wondering why the built in tuner isn't adequate?
>Rich

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]