From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 11:16:53 -0500
Hi Darrell,

I'm not sure exactly when we're going, but actually...we don't need
any other documentation other than the CEPT documentation! How cool is
that? So look for UT/KB5ELV on cw. With about 1.5 watts. :)

Actually, a lot of the builders will build kits for blind ops for free
or cheap. And every so often, fully-built K2's come up for sale--guys
like to build them so much they build extra ones and sell them :) BTW,
the KRC2 isn't strictly speakin necessary to get a lot of operation
out of the K2. It's real nice, but not strictly necessary. I operated
mine without for several months! Let's see. If you don't care about
160-meter coverage (and if you're in an apartment, this is pretty
likely), you can get:
K2, KSB2, KIO2, KNB2, MH2 (hand microphone--although anyone's will do
if it has an eight-pin connector), KBT2, and KAT2. Yep, right around
$1,100. If you're not going to get the autotuner or hand microphone,
knock off $200.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV
Help us bring our child home! Visit http://ouradoption.brannan.name to