From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 08:34:54 -0000
If you feel down the shank of a stereo plug (whether it be 3mM or a standard
quarter inch/6mM one) from the tip their will be a dip, then at the first
point of the shank will be a ring with insulation to either side of it, then
the main shank.
If can unscrew the top of the plug, in a stereo one will be three
connections.
With modern rigs mono plugs are not good news.

Insofar as paddles are concerned, if they come with a stereo plug on them,
the orientation for dots and dashes is by no means standard.  Most
electronic keyers and rigs have the facility to swap this - including
software.

On my bench here  I have something like 40 keys which is an absolute
nightmare!

73

ATB

David W Wood