From:
Jordan Gallacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2015 10:53:10 -0500
It definitely is something to think about.  I live in an area for example
that most Public Safety Agencies in my area are Analog and Trunked, but a
few of them have gone digital.  My Pro 97 has become strickly a desktop
radio since it does not work on batteries anymore for some strange reason.
I also use the Pro 164, which is just a newer model of the Pro 97 and the
Pro 106, which is digital.  Since I have programmed the Pro 97 and Pro 164
the same, I do not have to worry about power outages or anything else that
can go wrong.  My only concern, and something I want to go investigate, is
if Radio Reference has the Amateur Radio frequencies correct for this state.
They only have the Northwestern part of Louisiana in the Skywarn section,
and I am not getting really any HAM traffic.  I did a few days ago, but
other than that, nothing.  It usually gets pretty chatty around 3 or so.
Jordan