From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:35:21 -0230
Hi all:

As the MC-60A Desk Mic from Kenwood is an excilent mic, it does have a
tendency to create RFI, depending on the mic, old or new. (HI)
Well, mine is no different. There is a mod that can be done to remove
this RFI problem. Anyone have any ideas?  It has something to do with
the grounding in the connector, maybe even adding a wire or something.
I'm thinking of sending it along with my 940 to be repared. Where the
jumper cable connects from the base to the mic it self, the the jacket
is pretty cracked up and where the connecter connects to the rig it
self, I can feel the connecter on the cable be a tiny bit lose, probly
needs to be titened up.
These small damages could be the cause of some of my RFI but I would
like to know what that mod is to aliminate it all together.
On my 940 for a moment, as I'm not hearing any audio through my
headset when the monitor is turned on, is there a monitor vol control?
Maybe I turned it down accidently, thinking it was another function.
I did play around with the speech compressor controls and maybe one of
those controls is the monitor vol.

TNX & 73:

Michael De VO1RYN