From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2009 08:27:35 -0600
You are right John!  Those mike plugs must be taken out of every radio
immediately.  If people start using them, they will never learn use or
retain the code, and that will be the end of ham radio!  We must prevent the
use of phone transmissions to save ham radio!  Only people who own homes,
have land, can put up large effecient antenna systems, operate amplifiers
and suffisticated tranceivers are to be allowed in ham radio.  No snow birds
with temporary locations, apartment dwellers, renters, condo association
members, none of theese must ever ever be allowed to bring their knolege and
skills to our sacred hobby.
G-d forbid that we use of new technollogy to communicate with each other,
rather than make contact with each other.  I can get a qsl card from China,
whoopie!  Can I talk long enough to learn about the person I am talking to?
No way!  I think wall paper from Home depo is a lot cheaper than covering my
wall with cards proving I had a 30 second contact with a station, but
learned nothing for my effort or expence.