From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2011 09:35:21 -0500
Tom,

You need to get into keyboard manager in jaws and under "key lables" you
will get a list of all the keys on the keyboard.  Go down the list and
the ones you don't want to speak, hit spacebar to toggle between speak
and don't speak.

If using jaws 12, I think you may have to get in via the new "settings
center" menu.

Shutting  up the f keys when sending cw macros is more for your own
sanity in a contest, since the jaws voice isn't being transmitted.
It's more important if doing digital voice, psk, or afsk rtty, on a
singal sound card.   You don't want the jaws voice mixing with your
digital voice, and  in the case of psk or afsk rtty, it's a violation to
put voice on those segments of the bands.

73, Steve KW3A