From:
Kelvin Marsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2013 17:06:05 +0100
Hi Alan,

Have you considered the Icom 7800 or 7700?  I have been using a 7800 for
about 7 years, and apart from the very infrequent need to tweak something in
the menu, it is very accessible.  Both the 7700 and 7800 are 200 watts, and
have excellent RX.

With the introduction of the Kenwood 990, there are 7800s being traded in,
and I would imagine used 7800s are more readily available if price is a
consideration.

From my personal observations, the 7800 has the best layout and controls of
the current crop, and by far the largest keypad.

Best wishes, Kelvin Marsh - M0AID

Working to improve accessibility for radio amateurs with disabilities

www.active-elements.org

For accessibility evaluations of amateur equipment and MP3 manuals