From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 21:21:20 -0500
Jim,

In addition to setting up the file associations, which you do in Winamp's
Preferences, you should also check under Default Programs to make sure that
Winamp is the default media player.  Then, just be careful not to start up
some other media player because it will try to reset all the file
associations to make itself the default player.

Steve