From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:02:08 -0400
Hi List,

Lately, I have been hearing advertisements for the new C-Crane SW.  This is
supposedly a newer version of the C-Crane (CC Radio Plus) receiver.  Has
anyone purchased or had any experience with this newer radio?

I have a C-Crane or CC Radio plus radio--and while it is certainly not the
oft times touted "best AM Radio in the world", it is a decent AM receiver
and at least in my area, has above average FM reception with little
multi-path interference.  The Weather  band and alert features are adequate
and the TV band is a throw-in which receives a lot of interference and
receives only the strongest local VHF stations (no UHF.)  Other people who
have purchased the original CC Radio plus have had varying degrees of
complaints--which makes me believe that quality control may be an issue with
that company.

At $149.95, the price seems reasonable for short-wave--assuming that the
short-wave is at least clean enough for average usage.

What does anyone think?

The Scourge Of Authoritarianism Is Intellectualism