From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2013 10:59:58 -0600
Hi Harvey,

You need to be a member of HandiHams in order to get access to the study
materials.

I used the Extra class lectures about 3 years ago to prepare for my Extra
exam and no one at HandiHams ever bothered me to check on my progress,
however, I did go through the study material and passed the exam in about a
2 month period.

I seriously doubt that anyone is tracking your progress in order to harass
you.  If there would be any communications with you, it would most likely be
to see if you are progressing OK.  HandiHams wants only to see you succeed.

You can join for $12 per year or get a lifetime membership for $120.

You may ask why charge?  It cost money to operate HandiHams, the remote
stations, produce the study materials, provide the summer camps, pay for the
website etc.  You can join the ARRL with a lifetime membership for over
$1000 and you still have to purchase all their publications and they are not
accessible.  Don't get me wrong, the ARRL is a great organization and
without them we wouldn't be enjoying the spectrum space and privileges we do
as the Government would most likely have hacked us up pretty badly by now.

73

Howard #3