From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 2009 09:37:16 -0400
Hi, all.

Has anyone ever had any experience setting the TMV71A to scan the WX
channels?  If so, can you tell me how to set it up to do so?

As everyone knows, we are about to move from Michigan to Colorado, and I
want to set up a TMV71A to scan the weather frequencies while we are on the
road. ... My thinking is that, if I have the weather alert in menu 110
enabled, and if one of the VFO's is continually scanning the wx channels, I
should be able to be alerted to any severe weather watches or warnings along
the way.

I'm sure I'll be doing some VHF communications along the way on 2 meters,
but I  could simply dedicate VFO B for scanning WX channels if I can figure
out how to set that up.

Thanks, and 73 from Tom behler: KB8TYJ